Your very first certification
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course. To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course you must be 10 years old. Divers certified between the ages of 10-14 earn a Junior Diver certification. Junior Open Water Divers automatically become Open Water Divers at age 15. Any replacement certification card purchased the day after the diver’s 15th birthday will automatically show an Open Water Diver (not Jr. Open Water Diver) certification.
You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
Want to try before you buy? Check out out our Discover Scuba Diving program.
You can also try the PADI Introduction to Open Water Diver eLearning for free. Creating a free PADI account will be required.
What am I going to do?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development ( eLearning, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
To take this course, you must be:
- 10 years old (10-14 for Junior Open Water Diver certification)
- In good overall health
- You don’t have to be a strong swimmer, but you should be comfortable in the water.
There are a few things you need to have signed before you can join the class. It is very important that you review these documents carefully before signing.
- The PADI medical questionnaire, available for download here
- Note: If you suffer from any of the conditions listed in the questionnaire, you need to seek approval from your physician before any in-water activities.
- A PADI Liability release, available for download here
- A PADI Continued Education form, available for download here
- eLearning: $227 (PADI Open Water Diver eLearning can be started any time here)
- Confined Open Water: $232.99
- Open water certification dives: $199 (includes scuba gear, tanks and your PADI Certification Card)
- Course Package Price (eLearning, Confined Water and Certification Dives) $599 if paid all together through our store.
- Extra costs apply for private /semi-private courses and FQAS Certification
- You must supply your own mask, snorkel fins and boot. If you are planning to dive only down south, you may not require boots. (if you don’t have them yet, we offer a 10% student discount in store)
What if I have problems with some of the skills?
We offer you a non-stressful environment to develop in. Did you have a problem with a few of the skills and couldn’t complete the pool time? No problem. You can come to the next class and work one on one with a Divemaster. Once you have the missing skills mastered, we will have you evaluated by an instructor, and you’re done. It couldn’t be easier.
There you go. Now you’re a Scuba Diver.
** There is no refund on classes, unless your doctor informs us that you are medically unfit to dive **