Go With The Flow
Scuba diving in a current can be both relaxing and exhilarating. You may slowly glide over a reef, or zoom over an underwater landscape so fast it feels like flying. By the end of your drift diver course, you’ll have the skills you need to confidently go with the flow.
What You Learn
Diving in a current can feel like flying underwater. In the PADI Drift Diver course, you’ll learn drift diving tips from an experienced instructor and practice buoyancy control, navigation, use of surface signaling equipment and buddy communication.
During two dives in a current, you’ll practice buoyancy control, navigation and buddy communication. Practice using a delayed surface marker buoy (DSMB), float, line, reel, or other drift diving safety equipment.
To take this course, you must be:
- PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying entry-level certification)
- 12 years old or older
- In good overall health
Just like in your previous classes, you need to completed a few forms. It is very important that you review these documents carefully before signing.
- The PADI medical questionnaire, available for download here
- Note: If you suffer from any of the conditions listed in the questionnaire, you need to seek approval from your physician before any in-water activities.
- A PADI Liability release, available for download here
- A PADI Continued Education form, available for download here
Drift Diver course cost is $249.99. This includes:
- PADI Crew-Pak and eLearning.
- The cost of this course does not include rental of scuba equipment.
- Boat charter fee (if applicable) are not included in course cost.
Also, please note the following:
- Students must also have a dive computer, and a SMB with line reel/spool is recommended.
** There is no refund on classes, unless your doctor informs us that you are medically unfit to dive **