Part of History
Whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past. Ships, airplanes and even cars are fascinating to explore and usually teem with aquatic life. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or spying something others have missed. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course is popular because it offers rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
What You Learn
Every wreck is different. During the PADI Wreck Diver course, you’ll learn how to explore different types of wrecks by investigating their layout, history and hazards, and practice specialized wreck diving skills.
During four dives with your instructor, you’ll survey and map a wreck, practice special finning techniques and may use penetration lines.
To take this course, you must be:
- PADI Advanced Scuba Diver is recommended. (minimum of PADI Adventure Diver)
- 15 years old
- In good overall health
Just like in your previous classes, you need to completed a few forms. It is very important that you review these documents carefully before signing.
- The PADI medical questionnaire, available for download here
- Note: If you suffer from any of the conditions listed in the questionnaire, you need to seek approval from your physician before any in-water activities.
- A PADI Liability release, available for download here
- A PADI Continued Education form, available for download here
Wreck Diver course cost is $339.99. This includes:
- PADI Crew-Pak and eLearning.
- The cost of this course does not include rental of scuba equipment.
- Boat charter fee (if applicable) are not included in course cost.
Also, please note the following:
- Students must have 2 dive lights, a line reel, a slate and a compass.
** There is no refund on classes, unless your doctor informs us that you are medically unfit to dive **