They Went That-a-Way
Be the scuba diver everyone wants to follow because you know where you are and where you’re going. The PADI Underwater Navigator course fine-tunes your observation skills and teaches you to more accurately use your compass underwater. If you like challenges with big rewards, take this course and have fun finding your way.
What You Learn
It’s easy to get disoriented underwater if you don’t know how to use a compass or natural navigation clues. Learn how to easily find your way back to boat or shore without returning to the surface and avoid long, exhausting swims.
Practice using a compass on the surface, then apply your skills underwater during three dives. Learn how to estimate distance, follow natural clues and practice finding your way back to the boat or shore.
To take this course, you must be:
- PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying entry-level certification)
- 10 years old or older
- In good overall health
Just like in your previous classes, you need to completed a few forms. It is very important that you review these documents carefully before signing.
- The PADI medical questionnaire, available for download here
- Note: If you suffer from any of the conditions listed in the questionnaire, you need to seek approval from your physician before any in-water activities.
- A PADI Liability release, available for download here
- A PADI Continued Education form, available for download here
Underwater Navigator course cost is $249.99. This includes:
- PADI Crew-Pak and eLearning.
- The cost of this course does not include rental of scuba equipment.
- Boat charter fee (if applicable) are not included in course cost.
Also, please note the following:
- Students must have a dive computer. A light and a slate are recommended.
** There is no refund on classes, unless your doctor informs us that you are medically unfit to dive **