Stay A While
Enriched air, also known as nitrox or EANx, contains less nitrogen than regular air. Breathing less nitrogen means you can enjoy longer dives and shorter surface intervals. No wonder Enriched Air Diver is the most popular PADI specialty.
What You Learn
Learn why nitrox allows you to make longer dives and how to dive nitrox safely through online independent study. Meet with your PADI Instructor for hands-on practical exercises, then make two (optional) dives.
After finishing your academic study, you’ll learn how to analyze a tank, fill out an enriched air log, and set your dive computer for nitrox. There are two optional dives.
To take this course, you must be:
- PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification)
- 12 years old or older
- In good overall health
Just like in your previous classes, you need to completed a few forms. It is very important that you review these documents carefully before signing.
- The PADI medical questionnaire, available for download here
- Note: If you suffer from any of the conditions listed in the questionnaire, you need to seek approval from your physician before any in-water activities.
- A PADI Nitrox Diver Training Liability release, available for download here
- A PADI Continued Education form, available for download here
Enriched Air (Nitrox) Diver course cost is $249.99. This includes:
- PADI Crew-Pak and eLearning.
- The cost of this course does not include rental of scuba equipment.
- Boat charter fee (if applicable) are not included in course cost.
** There is no refund on classes, unless your doctor informs us that you are medically unfit to dive **