Excellent buoyancy control is what defines skilled scuba divers. You’ve seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover almost as if by thought. They more easily observe aquatic life without disturbing their surroundings. You can achieve this, too. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course improves the buoyancy skills you learned as a new diver and elevates them to the next level.
What You Learn
Buoyancy control is essential to becoming a confident, relaxed diver. Being perfectly balanced allows you to float effortlessly, use air more efficiently and deftly approach skittish marine life to get a closer look.
During the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course, you’ll learn how to determine how much weight you need and where to place trim weights to streamline your body position. During two dives you’ll fine-tune your weighting during buoyancy checks and master neutral buoyancy with in water practice.
To take this course, you must be:
- PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying entry-level certification)
- 10 years old or older
- In good overall health
Just like in your previous classes, you need to completed a few forms. It is very important that you review these documents carefully before signing.
- The PADI medical questionnaire, available for download here
- Note: If you suffer from any of the conditions listed in the questionnaire, you need to seek approval from your physician before any in-water activities.
- A PADI Liability release, available for download here
- A PADI Continued Education form, available for download here
Peak Performance Buoyancy course cost is $249.99. This includes:
- PADI Crew-Pak and eLearning.
- The cost of this course does not include rental of scuba equipment.
- Boat charter fee (if applicable) are not included in course cost.
** There is no refund on classes, unless your doctor informs us that you are medically unfit to dive **