Your very first certification
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI® Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course. To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
Want to try before you buy? Get the first chapter of the Open Water eLearning course free here or checkout out our Discover Scuba Diving program.
What am I going to do?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development ( e-learning, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
You must be at least 10 years old and be in good health. You don’t have to be a great swimmer, but it helps if you are comfortable in the water.
There are a few things you need to have signed before you can join the class. It is very important that you review these documents carefully before signing.
- The PADI medical questionnaire, available for download HERE
- Note: If you suffer from any of the conditions listed in the questionnaire, your physician must complete this form.
- A PADI Liability release, available for download HERE
- A safe diving practices document, available for download HERE
- eLearning/Confined Open Water: $449
- Open water certification dives: $195 includes gear, tanks and your PADI Certification Card
- Extra costs apply for private /semi-private courses and FQAS Certification
- You must supply your own mask, fins and snorkel (if you don’t have them yet, we offer a 10% student discount in store)
What if I have problems with some of the skills?
We offer you a non-stressful environment to develop in. Did you have a problem with a few of the skills and couldn’t complete the pool time? No problem. You can come to the next class and work one on one with a DiveMaster. Once you have the missing skills mastered, we will have you evaluated by an instructor, and you’re done. It couldn’t be easier.
There you go. Now you’re a Scuba diver.
** There is no refund on classes, unless your doctor informs us that you are medically unfit to dive **