You’re developing your skills
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
Often we complete the entire course in one weekend!
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- Three more adventure dives
The most common optional adventure dives are: Night, Wreck, Drift.
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and Recreational Dive Planner
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- In good overall health
- It’s a good idea to complete the quick review, available HERE
Just like in your previous classes, you need to completed a few forms. It is very important that you review these documents carefully before signing.
- The PADI medical questionnaire, available for download HERE
- Note: If you suffer from any of the conditions listed in the questionnaire, you need to seek approval from your physician before any in-water activities.
- A PADI Liability release, available for download HERE
- A PADI Continued Education form, available for download HERE
Advanced Open Water Certification cost is $399. This includes:
- Includes the full PADI Crew Pack
- Cost of the charter for your deep dive
- Rental SCUBA equipment (if required), is provided free of charge
Also, please note the following:
- Students must also have their own light, knife, compass, surface marker buoy, and reel. Contact us for prices on these items, if you need them.
- FQAS certification is also available at an extra cost.
- There is an e-learning option available. Contact us for details about this.
** There is no refund on classes, unless your doctor informs us that you are medically unfit to dive **